Recipe submitted by Vivian Johnson
Something that we all struggle with week by week is finding time to eat a balanced, healthy meal that doesn’t leave us stuck in the kitchen for hours. Salmon is my household’s go-to because it’s healthy, very versatile, and paleo / pescatarian friendly. You can switch up your salmon game by seasoning it with honey, balsamic, or you can keep it simple with just salt + pepper.
Lets get to it! This is just a simple salmon dinner paired with asparagus and crispy roasted potatoes.
*This meal was prepared for a family of two, but can be double for a family of four
1/2 netted bag of yellow fingerling potatoes
1lb fresh salmon
1 large bundle of asparagus
Large Frying Pan
Large Cutting Knife
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 415 degrees. As the oven is heating start prepping the fingerling potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes in half, then into small 1 inch pieces
- Place chopped fingerling potatoes in a cast iron skillet. Cover potatoes with 2 tbs of olive oil along with salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in oven. As potatoes cook, start prepping the asparagus. Wash asparagus then cut the stems. Place asparagus on cooking sheet and drizzle 1 tbs of olive oil. Season with salt + pepper + garlic salt to taste. Place to the side.
- Flip potatoes every 10 minutes until desired crispness is achieved. Recommended to keep potatoes in until brown, around 35-40 minutes. While potatoes continue to cook, start prepping the salmon.
- Wash salmon and season with salt + pepper (add additional seasoning as desired). Turn cooktop on medium / high heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil to large skillet. While heating, put asparagus in the oven.
- Once the skillet is hot, add seasoned salmon skin side down and cook for 6 minutes. While salmon cooks, flip asparagus and check on potatoes.
- Flip salmon and let cook for 6 minutes and remove asparagus from oven. Once salmon is done cooking, remove from heat and put on a plate to cool. Lastly, remove potatoes from oven and let cool. Cut salmon in half, put on two plates along with potatoes + asparagus.